Hello Dear Reader. You look lovely today. That top really highlights the red in your eyes and, er, lifts your cheeks and that. Er, and other complimentary stuff.
Ok ok, I’m being nice to you for a reason. I mean even nicer than usual obviously. As with probably all the other political blogs you read, I’m letting you know that Total Politics are carrying out their annual poll of blogs.
I’ve not been going a year, so wasn’t on last year’s poll. And I seriously doubt I’ll appear in this year’s poll. But I’m as vain as the next person and would like to know if anyone likes this blog.
While this probably is a pointless ego-driven request on my part, I’m also very curious to find out if people like my blog. I know how many people read it. I know how many people come back. I don’t get too many comments, but I’ve only been blogging for six months.
So, if you have a minute or two, do cast a vote. You can click on the link button at the bottom of this post or in the sidebar to find out more.
The rules, apparently, are:
1. You must vote for your ten favourite blogs and rank them from 1 (your favourite) to 10 (your tenth favourite).
2. Your votes must be ranked from 1 to 10. Any votes which do not have rankings will not be counted.
3. You MUST include at least FIVE blogs in your list, but please list ten if you can. If you include fewer than five, your vote will not count.
4. Email your vote to email@example.com
5. Only vote once.
6. Only blogs based in the UK, run by UK residents or based on UK politics are eligible. No blog will be excluded from voting.
7. Anonymous votes left in the comments will not count. You must give a name.
8. All votes must be received by midnight on July 31st 2009. Any votes received after that date will not count.
Email your top ten blogs now to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about any aspect of this year’s blog poll or book, please email email@example.com.